The BCA Float 22 avalanche airbag 2.0 is designed for out-of-bounds, off-piste, freeride, and mechanized skiing and snowboarding. Creating buoyancy and helping you float to the surface, the 150-liter airbag not only decreases your burial depth but also protects your head and neck from trauma in an avalanche. The Float 22™ is Backcountry Access's lightest and most affordable airbag backpack available. It will easily carry your winter rescue tools, lunch, water, and extra layer for a full day in the backcountry. All BCA Float packs include integration for BC Link™ Radios, hydration sleeve, dual-zippered shoulder straps, and molded back panel.
All your numbers:
- VOLUME: 1,343 cu. in I 22 liters (with system)
- WEIGHT: 3.6 lbs / 1580 g (pack only), 5.0 lbs / 2342 g (full system without cylinder), 6.3 lbs / 2992 g (full system with cylinder)
- DIMENSIONS: 3.6 lbs / 1580 g (pack only)
- MATERIALS: 210 denier mini ripstop nylon with PU/coating (main) // 420 denier mini ripstop nylon with PU/coating (high wear areas) //200 denier polyester (lining)
- ZIPPERS : YKK with DWR coating
The Float 22L from BCA requires a Float 2.0 cylinder, which you can add on here or buy separately. You can also swap it back and forth from another pack that uses a 2.0 cylinder, but be careful - you can't swap out a 1.0 cylinder into here. Also, we've found that the 2.0 cylinders aren't very easy to get in and out of the pack, so once it's installed, you might find it a pain to take in and out.
As with all avalanche airbags, be sure to check your gauge before you head out each day to ensure you haven't lost any pressure in the cylinder due to a leak.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.