Mammut Barryvox Avalanche Transceiver
The new Mammut Barryvox digital three-antenna avalanche beacon reduced to the essential functions. The Mammut Barryvox® scores well on simple navigation and clear instructions. With a large receiving bandwidth and an effective search strip width of 70 meters, it offers users a simple interface and intuitive operation. From an easy-to-read display to buttons that can be operated even wearing gloves, shock-proof and break-proof housing and a revolutionarily simple visual interface, the Barryvox® shows that powerful performance and sophisticated search guidance do not need to be complicated.
- The Barryvox S has a slightly larger screen (2.2″ vs. 2″) – it’s easier to read (even when the light is bad)
- The Barryvox S has dynamic screen icons to walk you through the search – the icons move and change through your search process, indicating if you should be running, walking or crawling.
- The Barryvox S has something called Smart Search, which operates in the background – it makes for a smoother search process.
- The Barryvox S has something called Auto Guidance, which also operates in the background – it provides uninterrupted search direction, even when there’s multiple signals competing for your attention. No more “stop and stand still,” just go, go, go.
- The Barryvox S can utilize Lithium or Alkaline batteries. Lithium batteries last longer, are lighter and don’t damage your transceiver from acid corrosion
Battery life: Alkaline: around 300 hours SEND, followed by 1 hour SEARCH* Batteries included: Yes Sending frequency: 457 kHz Digital search strip width: 70 m Weight: 210 g Buried subject marking: mark EN standards: EN 300718 Warranty:: 2-year warranty; additional 3-year Mammut guarantee if registered year Battery type: Alkaline 3 x AAA 1.5 volt Effective digital search strip width: 70 meters Digital receiving bandwidth: 70 meters Circular receiving field: almost identical receiving bandwidth for X and Y antennas Display: display with background lighting, very easy to read even when wearing polarized glasses Acoustic search guidance: allows the rescuer to visually search the avalanche field Reverse direction function to avoid 180-degree search errors Group test with clear instructions Visual interface: shows distance, direction and number of buried subjects Design: ergonomic, impact-proof and break-proof. Can be operated while wearing gloves Device tests: automatic self-test, frequency check and function test Multiple buried subjects: digital signal processing in the event of several buried subjects Automatic switching from send to search (Auto Revert): if a rescuer does not move for 4 minutes, we assume a secondary avalanche and the device switches to SEND mode (motion-sensor controlled) Attachment: includes highly functional Barryvox carrying system W-Link: Additional communication channel for improved search performance Manage the device fleet via W-Link updatable software Operating temperature: -25° to +45° Celsius (-13° to +113° Fahrenheit)
401 in stock