Ortovox S1+ Avalanche Transceiver
The Ortovox S1+ Avalanche Transceiver combines the success stories of two unique avalanche transceiver innovations: the display showing the relative position of avalanche victims and the SMART-ANTENNA-TECHNOLOGY(TM).
Handling the Ortovox S1+ beacon is more intuitive than ever. Once switched on, it transmits, but when opened up it switches straight to search mode. The illuminated 360° Real-Time-Display shows the position in the avalanche and gives unmistakable action instructions. As soon as the person searching begins the pinpoint search, the patented circular display and intuitive search acoustics help the location process. Located victims can be flagged and the search can continue.
Key Ortovox S1+ Features:
- Secondary Avalanche Switchover
- Recco Reflector Inside
- Permanent monitoring of the transmitter
What’s Smart Antenna Technology?
- It’s awesome! The integrated SMART-ANTENNA-TECHNOLOGY(TM) analyzes the position of the antennas in the avalanche and automatically switches to the best transmission antenna. The result: Almost double the range in the worst coupling position, regardless of the beacon used for searching.
Auto-Revert to Send.
- The Ortovox S1+ Avalanche Transceiver has what it calls “Secondary Avalanche Switchover.” which we typically call “Auto Revert to Sent.” If the sensor has not detected any motion for 60 or 100 seconds during the search, it automatically switches back to transmit mode. Thus, rescuers can also be found if there has been a secondary avalanche.
- For maximum protection, Ortovox also equipped the Ortovox S1+ with a Recco reflector. Recco helps professional rescuers find victims buried in the snow even faster. This offers an additional possibility of being found quickly. The backup technology is used by more than 700 ski areas and rescue teams around the world.
Receive function: digital
No. of antennas: 3
Comfortable bag and hand loop
Up-Box update compatible
Automatic switchover in case of a secondary avalanche
Intuitive search acoustics
Visual support at fine search
Permanent monitoring of the transmitter
Self-test Flagging function
Inside Overview including burial position
Parallel team search in multi-burial
Partner check Deep burial mode Pro mode for complex burial (4+)
Inclinometer Device personalization Individual speaker configuration / Display contrast setting
Max. range / search strip width (in m.): 55 / <50 Batteries: 2 AAA Alkaline Micro 1,5 V Transmission capacity: 250h
Dimensions (in mm): 120 x 80 x 30
Weight (incl. battery and case): 230g Warranty: 5 years with registration Display of all victims
2 in stock