Pieps Micro BT Avalanche Transceiver
As the smallest and lightest three-antenna beacon on the market, the PIEPS Micro Avalanche Transceiver is a compact, easy-to-use beacon for sidecountry and backcountry use.
The Micro is the first beacon to offer sensor technology, which allows the beacon to switch from Send to Search mode as the user focuses on the rescue. With a large display for easy readability, the Micro features a vibration-based warning that triggers upon first reception of a signal, and it offers a truly circular range for a higher level of accuracy. With a 40 meter range and a flagging function for multiple burials, it’s the go-to for moderate backcountry use.
This transceiver is incredibly low-profile and light. We’d consider it ideal for ice climbers.
The Pieps App – What Can it Do?
- Register your device and get warranty extensions
- Check your device (battery system, receive, amplifier, send, processor ok?)
- Update your device to the latest version
- Get practical knowledge and exercises (Training mode! with 80 different scenarios that can be run on up to 4 transceivers, all controlled by your app).
- Change your settings (change timeout, change battery type, group check on/off, pro mode on/off)
Smallest & lightest three-antenna beacon on the market
Patented sensor technology delivers ease of use and intuitive handling
Large display for best readability
Includes lightweight chest harness
Wireless updates managed through a Bluetooth® enabled mobile app
Maximum circular receiving range of 40 m
Flagging function in case of multiple burials
Maximum range (m): 50
Search strip width (m): 50
Dimensions (mm, LxWxH): 106 x 74 x 20
Weight (g, incl. batteries): 150
Power supply: 1 battery (AA)
Battery lifetime (min. h) : min. 600 hours in SEND mode with Lithium Battery, min 400 hours in SEND mode with Alkaline
Transmission frequency (kHz, according to EN300718): 457
Auto Search to Send
1 in stock