The BCA A2 EXT Arsenal Shovel and Saw system includes a 29 cm snow/wood saw that is stowed inside the shovel grip. Once the saw is deployed, the shovel remains fully assembled and functional: the shaft does not have to be removed from the blade and the grip is still intact.
If your backcountry ski or sled adventures involve lumber (getting stuck in it, burning it, etc.), you know the importance of having a good saw on hand. If you've ever traveled with a loose saw, you know the importance of storing a saw properly. This integrated solution is looking you right in the face.
Like the members of the "Bomber" series of shovels from BCA, the A2 boasts an off-the-chart strength to weight ratio while taking up minimal storage space in your pack. Key features on the A2 included an oval shaft with a more packable, bombproof, 'ferrule-less' blade, ergonomic grip, and T6 heat treatment.
Super Important Numbers:
- Weight: 1.9 pounds / 880 grams (full system, including saw)
- Blade Dimensions: 10 x 11 inches / 25.4 x 27.9 cm
- Handle and Shaft Collapsed Length: 17 inches / 43 cm
- Handle and Shaft Extended Length: 23.5 inches / 60 cm
- Assembled Collapsed Length: 25 inches / 64 cm
- Assembled Extended Length: 30.5 inches / 77 cm
- Material: 6061 T6
- Aluminum Saw Weight: 58.4 ounces / 165 g
- Saw Blade Length: 11.5 inches / 29 cm
- Saw Total Length: 16 inches / 41 cm
How to choose a shovel!
Size - do the shaft and blade fit in your pack? (note: the bigger the shaft and blade - the more effective the shovel is).
- Weight - is it light enough to carry if you're ski touring?
Durability - will it stand up to the rigors of digging through avalanche debris? (note: more durable shovels are inevitably heavier!)
- Grip: D-grip vs. T-Grip - D-Grips are more ergonomic and will make you a better shovel, but are heavier than a T-Grip.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.