DESCRIPTIONBackcountry Access’s mid-sized shovel for pros and advanced recreationalists while in the backcountry. This product will take up minimal storage in your backpack.
All your numbers:
- The 6061 aluminum BCA Bomber shovels feature an oval shaft with a more packable, bombproof, “ferrule-less” blade, ergonomic grip, and T6 heat treatment.
- Includes an end cap on the shaft, which prevents snow from building up along the inside.
- Weight: 1.6 lb / 720 g
- Blade Dimensions: 10 in x 11 in / 25.4 cm x 27.9 cm
- Handle & Shaft Collapsed Length: 16.5 in / 42 cm
- Handle & Shaft Extended Length: 23.25 in / 59 cm
- Assembled Collapsed Length: 24 in / 61 cm
- Assembled Extended Length: 31 in / 79 cm
- Blade/Shaft Material:: 6061 T6 Aluminum
How to choose a shovel!
Size - do the shaft and blade fit in your pack? (note: the bigger the shaft and blade - the more effective the shovel is).
- Weight - is it light enough to carry if you're ski touring?
Durability - will it stand up to the rigors of digging through avalanche debris? (note: more durable shovels are inevitably heavier!)
- Grip: D-grip vs. T-Grip - D-Grips are more ergonomic and will make you a better shovel, but are heavier than a T-Grip.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.