The BCA B-52 avalanche shovel is designed to make the tough jobs easier. Whether it is clearing out helipads, excavating a truck from a snowbank, or building a big jump, the B-52 gets the job done fast. Remember, the excavation process in an avalanche rescue is where the most time can be lost or gained.
The 6061 aluminum BCA Bomber shovels feature an oval shaft with a more packable, bombproof, "ferrule-less" blade, ergonomic grip, and T6 heat treatment.
Includes an end cap on the shaft, which prevents snow from building up along the inside.
The Bomber line boasts an off-the-chart strength to weight ratio, while taking up minimal storage space in your pack
Every number you need:
- Weight: 2.1 lb / 960 g
- Blade Dimensions: 11 in x 13.3 in / 27.9 cm x 33.8 cm
- Handle and Shaft Collapsed Length: 21 in / 53 cm
- Handle and Shaft Extended Length: 30.5 in / 77 cm
- Assembled Collapsed Length: 30.5 in / 77 cm
- Assembled Extended Length: 40 in / 102 cm
- Blade/Shaft Material: 6061 T6 Aluminum
What to think about when making the most important shovel decision of your life:
Size - do the shaft and blade fit in your pack? (note: the bigger the shaft and blade - the more effective the shovel is).
- Weight - is it light enough to carry if you're ski touring?
Durability - will it stand up to the rigors of digging through avalanche debris? (note: more durable shovels are inevitably heavier!)
- Grip: D-grip vs. T-Grip - D-Grips are more ergonomic and will make you a better shovel, but are heavier than a T-Grip.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.