DESCRIPTIONThe Black Diamond Tour Quickdraw 280cm is perfect for daily backcountry touring and snow study. It features a solid balance of length, lightweight and packability.
Built with durable aluminum construction and medium length, the Black Diamond Quickdraw Probe Tour 280 is the go-to probe for day-in/day-out backcountry touring and snow study.
The Tour 280’s updated ferrules make for increased durability and quick alignment, while the integrated stuff sack and non-slip grip make for fast, one-pull deployment in emergency situations.
All the numbers you need:
- Quickdraw speed ferrules make for extremely fast deployment with maximum durability
- Rapid deployment stuffsack integrates with the probe’s pull cord for one-pull readiness
- Non-slip grip provides secure purchase, even with wet gloves
- Oversized, durable alloy tip improves probing sensitivity by creating a hole larger
- High-visibility 1 cm markings
- Weight : 316 g (11 oz)
- Length : 280 cm (110 in)
Let us walk you through buying an avalanche probe:
Material - The stronger (and heavier!) the material, the more effective it will be at probing. The lighter the probe, the more expensive it gets. Carbon is the lightest (and most expensive), Aluminum is stronger and cheaper, but heavier, Steel is heavy and expensive, but the best at the job.
Length - You'll see probes ranging from 200cm-320cm. We don't sell anything less than 240. Successful extractions have been done up to 3m. Keep in mind you'll need to hold on to the probe as you enter the snow. Longer probes mean more ferrules, so count on them being a bit heavier (but not much) and having more mass.
- Assembly - How quick can you get it together and secured (like really secured!) into place? Practice will help, but make sure it's got an easy lock.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.