The Mammut 240 is a compact, lightweight avalanche probe, designed to be as space-effective as possible, which still providing all the needs demanded from a high-end avalanche probe.
All your numbers:
- Length: Collapsed: 38 cm / Extended: 240 cm
- Tensioning System: Telescopic Lock
- Diameter: 11 mm
- Segments: 7
- Weight: 245 g
- Telescopic locking – reliable, effective tensioning system
- Stable, lightweight probe segment made from durable aluminum
- One-sided probe scaling
- Durable tensile tensioning cord for maximum stability of the probe tensioning system
- Drop-shaped probe tip for energy-saving probing
- Suitable for use with gloves
- Practical probe cover with an integrated emergency plan
Material - The stronger (and heavier!) the material, the more effective it will be at probing. The lighter the probe, the more expensive it gets. Carbon is the lightest (and most expensive), Aluminum is stronger and cheaper, but heavier, Steel is heavy and expensive, but the best at the job.
Length - You'll see probes ranging from 200cm-320cm. We don't sell anything less than 240. Successful extractions have been done up to 3m. Keep in mind you'll need to hold on to the probe as you enter the snow. Longer probes mean more ferrules, so count on them being a bit heavier (but not much) and having more mass.
- Assembly - How quick can you get it together and secured (like really secured!) into place? Practice will help, but make sure it's got an easy lock.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.