This extremely light, extremely strong Carbon Probe is ideal for weight-conscious backcountry skiers, snowboarders and sledders.
- Material: Carbon
- Length: 45cm (collapsed) / 240cm (extended)
- Tensioning System: Fast Lock System
- Diametre: 1 cm Segments: 6
- Weight: 225g Stable, lightweight probe made from high-quality carbon
- Extremely precise probe scaling on both sides
- Suitable for use with gloves
- Attachment holes for snow anchor
Material - The stronger (and heavier!) the material, the more effective it will be at probing. The lighter the probe, the more expensive it gets. Carbon is the lightest (and most expensive), Aluminum is stronger and cheaper, but heavier, Steel is heavy and expensive, but the best at the job.
Length - You'll see probes ranging from 200cm-320cm. We don't sell anything less than 240. Successful extractions have been done up to 3m. Keep in mind you'll need to hold on to the probe as you enter the snow. Longer probes mean more ferrules, so count on them being a bit heavier (but not much) and having more mass.
- Assembly - How quick can you get it together and secured (like really secured!) into place? Practice will help, but make sure it's got an easy lock.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.