Featuring the largest blade of all of Mammut's avalanche shovels, the Mammut Alugator Pro is the ultimate snow-mover. If you're looking for a rugged, snow-moving machine and understand what it takes to move tough avalanche debris, this is the shovel you're looking for. As with all superior-feature shovels, this one has a D-Handle for strong and effective grip and can be put into hoe-mode to move snow most efficiently.
All them numbers:
- Length: Collapsed: 68 cm / Extended: 91 cm
- Shaft Length: Collapsed: 50 cm
- Blade: 28.5 cm x 23.5 cm
- Weight: 850 g
- Shovel Positions: SCOOP & HOE
- Hardened & anodized aluminum shovel blade
- Oval telescopic shaft with integrated grip zone
- Automatic zipper locking for quick, precise guidance during assembly
- Ergonomically shaped D-grip for ideal transfer of strength
- Space-saving blade design
- Stabilization ribs for maximum rigidity
- Sharpened, tilt-resistant blade with integrated steps
- Straight blade back, perfect for cutting straight snow profiles
- Attachment holes for snow anchor and rescue sled
Size - do the shaft and blade fit in your pack? (note: the bigger the shaft and blade - the more effective the shovel is).
- Weight - is it light enough to carry if you're ski touring?
Durability - will it stand up to the rigors of digging through avalanche debris? (note: more durable shovels are inevitably heavier!)
- Grip: D-grip vs. T-Grip - D-Grips are more ergonomic and will make you a better shovel, but are heavier than a T-Grip.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.