The Mammut Alugator Ride Avalanche Shovel is newly updated for 2018-2019. This aluminum avalanche shovel features the same size blade as the Mammut Guide Shovel, but with a significant weight reduction due to the shorter shaft (44cm collapsed). Includes T-Grip and shovel mode only.
At only 695g, this super-light shovel is ideal for long ski tours, but with the stabilization ribs in the blade, you can count on its durability when it matters. Also note the straight blade back - perfect for cutting snow profiles.
- Length: Collapsed: 61 cm / Extended: 86 cm
- Shaft Length: Collapsed: 44 cm
- Blade: 27.5 cm x 21.5 cm
- Weight: 695 g
- Shovel Positions: SCOOP
- Hardened & anodized aluminium shovel blade
- Oval telescopic shaft with integrated grip zone
- Automatic zipper locking for quick, precise guidance during assembly
- Ergonomically shaped T-grip for ideal transfer of strength
- Space-saving blade design
- Stabilization ribs for maximum stability
- Sharpened, tilt-resistant blade with integrated steps
- Straight blade back, perfect for cutting straight snow profiles
- Attachment holes for snow anchor
Size - do the shaft and blade fit in your pack? (note: the bigger the shaft and blade - the more effective the shovel is).
- Weight - is it light enough to carry if you're ski touring?
Durability - will it stand up to the rigors of digging through avalanche debris? (note: more durable shovels are inevitably heavier!)
- Grip: D-grip vs. T-Grip - D-Grips are more ergonomic and will make you a better shovel, but are heavier than a T-Grip.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.