The Ortovox BADGER avalanche shovel is a super lightweight aluminum shovel with an ergonomic, hybrid grip for maximum power transmission. This avalanche shovel has a sizable blade volume of 2.5 liters, which is backed up by robust design, pronounced center ridge and high side walls for full rigidity.
Non-slip grooves on the top edge of the blade provide adequate traction when wearing boots. A centering aid in the shaft socket facilitates rapid assembly.
All your important deets:
- Hybrid grip
- Non-slip step grooves
- High sidewalls and pronounced center ridge for maximum rigidity
- Shaft designed for rapid assembly
- AL 5052 (strain hardened), anodized
- AL 6061 T6 (hardened)WEIGHT: 1 lb. 6 oz.
- MATERIAL Handle: AL 6061 T6 (hardened)AL 5052 (strain hardened), anodized
Note - though this shovel is super well-made, sturdy and a great price, it's not extendable. It's a good size, but this is the one main feature this shovel lacks.
Size - do the shaft and blade fit in your pack? (note: the bigger the shaft and blade - the more effective the shovel is).
- Weight - is it light enough to carry if you're ski touring?
Durability - will it stand up to the rigors of digging through avalanche debris? (note: more durable shovels are inevitably heavier!)
- Grip: D-grip vs. T-Grip - D-Grips are more ergonomic and will make you a better shovel, but are heavier than a T-Grip.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.