The Ortovox Beast 2.5 is an aggressive avalanche shovel with a hybrid grip and optimal power transmission in a packable size.
The Ortovox Beast 2.5 is an aggressive avalanche shovel with a hybrid grip and optimal power transmission in a packable size. The pack-friendly blade has high side walls and a robust center ridge, giving it outstanding rigidity. Its cutting edge is sharpened and the upper edge is equipped with non-slip ridges. The grip permits a wide variety of grip positions for right and left-handers. The telescopic, rigid, oval-shaped shaft provides excellent ergonomics. The Ortovox Beast has a rubber coating on the lower section maximizes power transmission. The quick-lock eases assembly of shaft and blade.
- Weight 720 g
- Rubberized grip zone
- Hybrid grip
- Oval handle cross section
- Telescoping handle
- Non-slip step grooves
- Sharp, protected edge
- Pack-friendly blade
- High sidewalls and pronounced center ridge for maximum rigidity
- MATERIAL PROPERTIES: AL 5052 (strain hardened), powder coated, AL 6061 T6 (hardened)
- MATERIAL Handle: AL 6061 T6 (hardened)AL 5052 (strain hardened), powder coated
Size - do the shaft and blade fit in your pack? (note: the bigger the shaft and blade - the more effective the shovel is).
- Weight - is it light enough to carry if you're ski touring?
Durability - will it stand up to the rigors of digging through avalanche debris? (note: more durable shovels are inevitably heavier!)
- Grip: D-grip vs. T-Grip - D-Grips are more ergonomic and will make you a better shovel, but are heavier than a T-Grip.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.