The Pieps 260cm Aluminum is strong, sturdy and does the job.
- Speed-Cone-System for quick extension
- Quick-closing latch for reliable locking and efficient assembly of the probe
- Centimeter scale for reading burial depth and as centimeter measurement for snow profiles
- Compact fixable with elastic closure buckle
- Space-saving collapsible
- Tubes: 6
- Tube diameter (mm): 12.5
Material - The stronger (and heavier!) the material, the more effective it will be at probing. The lighter the probe, the more expensive it gets. Carbon is the lightest (and most expensive), Aluminum is stronger and cheaper, but heavier, Steel is heavy and expensive, but the best at the job.
Length - You'll see probes ranging from 200cm-320cm. We don't sell anything less than 240. Successful extractions have been done up to 3m. Keep in mind you'll need to hold on to the probe as you enter the snow. Longer probes mean more ferrules, so count on them being a bit heavier (but not much) and having more mass.
- Assembly - How quick can you get it together and secured (like really secured!) into place? Practice will help, but make sure it's got an easy lock.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.