The Float E2-45 is Backcountry Access's burliest pack, specifically designed for pros, ski patrollers, guides, and those heading out for long tours and overnights.
BCA’s new Float E2 avalanche airbag packs use an Alpride E2 supercapacitor system to store energy that powers the compressor upon deployment. Supercapacitors store and release energy based on electromechanical properties rather than a chemical reaction like in rechargeable batteries. This makes supercapacitor performance much more reliable in cold temperatures. For the same reason, the energy stored in a supercapacitor releases faster when activated for deployment.
The new E2 engine is 40 percent smaller and 25 percent lighter than the existing Alpride E1 system, with a 162-liter airbag. Like the E1, the E2 is TSA-approved for hassle-free airline travel. While the E2 system makes it easy to travel by air, our innovative Side Stash pocket and Back Stash zip make it easier to travel on snow —without stopping to hydrate, swap hat/gloves/eyewear, or even skins— just rip ‘em, stash ‘em and go!
Featuring our waterproof coated nylon, Side Stash pocket, Back Stash zip, expandable roll top for extra volume, curved side access zip, top quick cinch closure/ lid, removable ski/snowboard/compression straps, hip belt pocket, "cooling fin" backpanel ventilation, and dedicated safety tools & snowsaw pocket.
- SYSTEM: Alpride E2 supercapacitor system with 150-liter airbag
- VOLUME: 2502 cubic inches / 41L (with E2 system) 2746 cubic inches / 45L (without E2 system)
- WEIGHT: 6.95 lbs / 3152 g (with E2 system) - 4.43lb / 2009 g (without E2 system)
- TORSO SIZE: M/L: 17” - 21” / 43.1 - 53.3 cm
- MATERIAL: PU Coated Nylon 420d Ripstop, PU Coated Nylon 210d Double Ripstop, Lining -100d Robic Dynatec WR Pux2 YKK with DWR coating
- ZIPPERS: YKK with DWR coating
- WARRANTY: 3-year limited
- AIRBAG TECHNOLOGY: Float E2 Airbag
- TORSO LENGTH: M/L
- VOLUME / BAG SIZE: 40 to 45L
In addition to the supercapacitor storage, you can install two AA batteries to allow for additional deployments in the field. The batteries also help keep the supercapacitors at full charge when not in use.
• AA alkaline batteries allow for one additional deployment and is capable of keeping the system charged for up to three months of normal use.
• AA lithium batteries allow for three additional deployments and is capable of keeping the system charged for up to five months of normal use.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.