The Ortovox Kodiak Avalanche Shovel/Saw is an aggressive shoveling machine! Works in Regular or Hoe Mode.
Ortovox's snappy Kodiak Shovel/Saw not only clears extreme amounts of snow but also has an integrated saw at the ready. With all of its functions, the KODIAK is a reliable and extremely efficient companion on ski tours.
The Kodiak Shovel/Saw is the right tool for those critical minutes when you're trying to save your companion's life. At 3.1 liters, it has a very high shoveling volume and, thanks to the 90-degree easy-plug, also offers a unique clearing function. The pack-friendly shovel blade has step grooves to stop your foot slipping when digging, and can be used for building a rescue sled. The sharp, sturdy cutting edge guarantees optimum performance. Using the saw that is integrated into the T-grip and the flat shovel blade, digging a professional snow profile is no problem at all.
The SHOVEL KODIAK SAW is made of hardened and anodized aluminum. Automatic locking allows for quick assembly. The oval-shaped and thus extremely rigid shaft is telescopic, enabling easy setup. Thanks to a rubber coating on the ergonomic T-grip, it is extremely non-slip and sits particularly well in the hand.
The Kodiak Shovel/Saw is a practical and efficient companion for your ski tours and a reliable tool in an emergency.
Nerd out on Numbers
- Weight: 790 g / 27.8 oz
- Blade dimensions: 30 x 23 cm / 11.8 x 9 in
- Handle and shaft collapsed length: 42.5 cm / 16.7 in
- Handle and shaft extended length: 68 cm / 26.8 in
- Assembled collapsed length: 60 cm / 23.6 in
- Assembled extended length: 86 cm / 33.9 in
- Saw length: 21.5 cm / 8.5 in
- Easy Plug Clearing Function
- Rubberized grip zone
- Integrated Saw
Size - do the shaft and blade fit in your pack? (note: the bigger the shaft and blade - the more effective the shovel is).
- Weight - is it light enough to carry if you're ski touring?
Durability - will it stand up to the rigors of digging through avalanche debris? (note: more durable shovels are inevitably heavier!)
- Grip: D-grip vs. T-Grip - D-Grips are more ergonomic and will make you a better shovel, but are heavier than a T-Grip.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.