The avalanche shovel features a hardened and anodized aluminum blade that can cut through the snow in the avalanche deposit. The ergonomically shaped grip provides efficient transfer of strength, while the stabilization ribs afford high resilience. The straight blade back is perfect for cutting straight snow profiles.
With its Safety Orange design, the Alugator Pro Light rounds out your safety equipment.
All the numbers:
- Weight: 675 g / 23.8 oz
- Blade dimensions: 24 x 27.5 cm / 9.4 x 10.8 in
- Handle and shaft collapsed length: 49 cm / 19.3 in
- Handle and shaft extended length: 73 cm / 28.7 in
- Assembled collapsed length: 68 cm / 26.7 in
- Assembled extended length: 91 cm / 35.8 in
- Positions: SCOOP & HOE
- Certification: UIAA 156 avalanche shovel standard
- Hardened, anodized aluminum shovel blade
- Oval telescopic shaft
- Automatic zipper locking for quick, precise guidance during assembly
- Ergonomically shaped D-grip for optimum shovel control
- Space-saving blade design
- Stabilization ribs for maximum stability
- Sharpened, tilt-resistant blade with integrated steps
- Straight blade back - perfect for cutting straight snow
Size - do the shaft and blade fit in your pack? (note: the bigger the shaft and blade - the more effective the shovel is).
- Weight - is it light enough to carry if you're ski touring?
Durability - will it stand up to the rigors of digging through avalanche debris? (note: more durable shovels are inevitably heavier!)
- Grip: D-grip vs. T-Grip - D-Grips are more ergonomic and will make you a better shovel, but are heavier than a T-Grip.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.