Digital/analog combo avalanche transceiver with three antennas. The new Mammut Barryvox® S has a large receiving bandwidth and an effective search strip width of 70 meters. It offers users a large, simple interface and intuitive operation.
The Smart Search function provides clear instructions thanks to a simple operating concept and quick, precise searching (seriously - it's awesome). The Smart Search function interacts with the actions of searching rescuers - is it time to run and do a coarse search? Get down to the ground? The little guy on the screen will do it and tell you exactly what to do - a huge help with things are tense.
The Barryvox® S includes the Rescue SEND function to protect non-searching rescuers. In the event of a secondary avalanche, the device automatically switches to SEND in order to locate buried rescuers.
All your numbers:
- Weight [g]: 210
- Type: Digital/analog combo device with 3 antennas
- Battery life: Alkaline: around 300 hours SEND, followed by 1 hour SEARCH* | Lithium: around 350 hours SEND, followed by 1 hour SEARCH*
- Batteries included: Yes
- Sending frequency: 457 kHz
- W-Link frequency: 999.9 MHz
- Analog search strip width: 100 m
- Digital search strip width: 70 m
- EN standards: EN 300718
- Warranty: 2-year warranty; additional 3-year Mammut guarantee if registered year
- Battery type: Alkaline and lithium 3 x AAA 1.5 volt
- Made in Switzerland: 100% Made in Switzerland, produced and developed in Switzerland
- Effective digital search strip width: 70 meters
- Digital receiving bandwidth: 70 meters
- Extended search range: extended receiving bandwidth (analog): up to 95 m; Extended search strip width (analog): 80 m
- Circular receiving field: almost identical receiving bandwidth for X and Y antennas
- Lithium-enabled: also works with lithium batteries: Less risk of leakage. More stable in low temperatures. Longer battery life (350 hours SEND, followed by 1 hour SEARCH)
- Display: display with background lighting, very easy to read even when wearing polarized glasses Acoustic search guidance: allows the rescuer to visually search the avalanche field Reverse direction function to avoid 180-degree search errors Group test with clear instructions
- Visual interface: shows distance, direction and number of buried subjects
- Design: ergonomic, impact-proof and break-proof. Can be operated while wearing gloves
- Device tests: automatic self-test, frequency check and function test Smart search interacts with rescuer`s action during the search, making searching simpler and more reliable
- Multiple buried subjects: digital signal processing in the event of several buried subjects Buried subjects can be selected from a list, marked (MARK) and unmarked (UNMARK) Automatic switching from send to search (Auto Revert): if a rescuer does not move for 4 minutes, we assume a secondary avalanche and the device switches to SEND mode (motion-sensor controlled)
- Rescue SEND: Protective function for non-searching rescuers. In the event of a secondary avalanche, it automatically switches to SEND to allow the rescuer to be located
- Auto guidance: device continues to guide the rescuer to the buried subject in the event of signal failures or overlaps
- Vital data: 3D sensor helps the rescuer concentrate his or her resources on the buried subjects with the highest chance of survival
- Advanced search settings: individually configurable search settings: pro search, acoustic and visual guidance; automatic switching from search to send (Auto Revert) Alternative search mode (analog mode) helps in resolving demanding search scenarios
- Personalization: start screen and user texts (for example, owner information) can be personalized
- Attachment: includes highly functional Barryvox carrying system
- W-Link: Additional communication channel for improved search performance Manage the device fleet via W-Link updatable software
- Operating temperature: -25° to +45° Celsius (-13° to +113° Fahrenheit)
Asking yourself if you should get the Mammut Barryvox or the Mammut Barryvox S? Here are some of the key differences:Both Barryvox transceivers sit as the most user-friendly, most efficient search tools available, but the Mammut Barryvox S is a cut above. However, just because it's got more features doesn't mean it's harder to use or for more advanced users! Here are the top benefits you'll see from opting for the Barryvox S over the Barryvox:
- Larger Screen (2.2" vs. 2"): easier to see & read, even with the lighting is bad.
- Dynamic Screen Icons: the icons move as the searcher does, indicating exactly what the searcher should be doing (i.e. Is the icon running? The searcher should be doing a quick coarse search. Is it crawling? Time for a pinpoint search).
- Smart Search: though the user never sees this feature, it operates in the background and makes searching more efficient than ever even if the searcher is less than perfect.
- Auto Guidance: no more signal overlap from other transceivers. No more stop stand still. Just a one-track path to the buried victim.
- Lithium Batteries: the Barryvox S can utilize Lithium batteries or alkaline batteries. Lithium batteries last longer, are lighter and don't damage with acid corrosion.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.