The Black Diamond Quickdraw Pro 320cm Avalanche Probe is a durable, all-aluminum 8-section probe with a stainless steel cable and 320 cm length.
The Black Diamond Quickdraw Pro Probe 320 is designed for snow study, avalanche professionals, patrollers and deep terrain. The Pro 320’s ferrules make for increased durability and quick alignment, while the integrated stuff sack provides fast, one-pull deployment in emergency.
- Length: 320cm
- Material: Aluminum
- Dual Quickdraw speed ferrules provide extremely fast deployment with
- maximum durability
- Stainless steel cable adds durability
- Rapid deployment stuffsack integrates with the probe’s pull cord for one-pull readiness
- Oversized, durable alloy tip improves probing sensitivity by creating a hole larger than the probe shaft
- High-visibility 1 cm markings
How to buy a probe:
Material - The stronger (and heavier!) the material, the more effective it will be at probing. The lighter the probe, the more expensive it gets. Carbon is the lightest (and most expensive), Aluminum is stronger and cheaper, but heavier, Steel is heavy and expensive, but the best at the job.
Length - You'll see probes ranging from 200cm-320cm. We don't sell anything less than 240. Successful extractions have been done up to 3m. Keep in mind you'll need to hold on to the probe as you enter the snow. Longer probes mean more ferrules, so count on them being a bit heavier (but not much) and having more mass.
- Assembly - How quick can you get it together and secured (like really secured!) into place? Practice will help, but make sure it's got an easy lock.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.