The probe of all rescue organizations. The Ortovox 320+ Steel Pro pfa avalanche probe is indestructible.
The PFA quick-release tensioning system stretches the probe using a sturdy steel cable pull line within seconds; absolutely safe against moving elements. It is collapsed just as quickly and put together. The steel segment diameter of 12 mm makes this steel avalanche probe extremely resilient and rigid. It is delivered with a length of 320 cm but can be extended using additional segments.
The burial depths can be read on the segments. The grip sleeve made of EVA foam provides comfortable handling even during longer practices. Like all ORTOVOX probes, it is delivered with a practical quick-release cover.
Everything you need to know:
- Interchangeable tip
- Rubberized grip
- PFA quick-assembly system
- Quick-release cover
- Steel-cable tensioning system
- Depth markers
- Visual guide system
- Large probe tip
- Weight: 680g
- Material: Steel
Things to consider when buying a probe:
- Material - the stronger (and heavier!) the material, the more effective it will be at probing. The lighter the probe, the more expensive it gets. Carbon is the lightest (and most expensive), Aluminum is stronger and cheaper, but heavier, Steel is heavy and expensive, but the best at the job.
- Length - You'll see probes ranging from 200cm-320cm. We don't sell anything less than 240. Successful extractions have been done up to 3m. Keep in mind you'll need to hold on to the probe as you enter the snow. Longer probes mean more ferrules, so count on them being a bit heavier (but not much) and having more mass.
- Assembly - how quick can you get it together and secured (like really secured!) into place? Practice will help, but make sure it's got an easy lock.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.