The Ortovox Kodiak Shovel has quickly become one of our favourite snow-moving machines.
Tough mountaineering shovel with unique clearing function and practical D-grip! Our KODIAK shovel boasts the largest shoveling volume (3.1 litres) in our product line, so it can safely be called the fastest of the bunch.
The blade is also extremely rigid (AL 6061 T6 is the perfect material for shovels), yet this tool is easy to pack and fits easily into any ORTOVOX backpack. Its cutting edge is sharpened and its upper edge is equipped with non-slip ridges. The shaft is oval (for greater rigidity) and has a telescopic, non-slip rubberized surface.
The D-grip is considered the most ergonomic grip and aids powerful shoveling of snow. It has been made more compact than its predecessor, without compromising on length. Also new is the flat shovel blade, which is now ideal for professional snow clearing.
The frictional connection between the shaft and blade is virtually indestructible, saving critical seconds when used to save your companion's life. The editors of Bergsteiger magazine also recognized the perfection of Kodiak and honoured the shovel with their Best Shovel award!
- Weight: 770 g
- Material Blade: AL 6061 T6 (hardened), anodized
- Handle: AL 6061 T6 (hardened)
- Oval handle cross section
- Telescoping handle
- Non-slip step grooves
- Rescue sled function
- Pack-friendly blade
- High sidewalls and pronounced centre ridge for maximum rigidity
- Hardened and anodized aluminium
- D-grip Rubberized grip zone
- Fits in all ORTOVOX backpacks 90-degree
- Easy Plug clearing function Sharp, sturdy blade
- Automatic locking during assembly AL 6061 T6 (hardened), anodized AL 6061 T6 (hardened)
Size - do the shaft and blade fit in your pack? (note: the bigger the shaft and blade - the more effective the shovel is).
- Weight - is it light enough to carry if you're ski touring?
Durability - will it stand up to the rigors of digging through avalanche debris? (note: more durable shovels are inevitably heavier!)
- Grip: D-grip vs. T-Grip - D-Grips are more ergonomic and will make you a better shovel, but are heavier than a T-Grip.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.