Ortovox calls the Ortovox Pro Alu III Avalanche Shovel "the best PRO ALU of all time." In this latest iteration of an ORTOVOX classic they've used the most innovative materials available and cutting edge production methods to achieve the best weight-to-rigidity ratio possible.
Stabilization ribs and high sidewalls give the anodized blade rigidity, while the integrated shaft socket makes it easy to pack. With the new quick-lock, the blade and the fluted telescoping shaft can be put together in one motion.
The new T-Grip Pro is revolutionary. It can be inserted for both right and left-handers and also facilitates economical clearing. One hand grasps the long grip side, which serves as an ergonomic lever, while the other hand has maximum hold on the shaft's rubber-coated grip zone.
- Rubberized grip zone T-grip pro with flexible left and right-handed function
- Rapid locking without pressing a button
- Telescoping handle
- Non-slip step grooves
- Sharp, protected edge
- Pack-friendly 90° clearing function
- PRO ALU III Rescue sled function
- Compatible with Pocket Spike
- Groove-shaped handle cross section
- Material: AL 5052 (strain hardened), anodized & AL 6061 T6 (hardened)
Size - do the shaft and blade fit in your pack? (note: the bigger the shaft and blade - the more effective the shovel is).
- Weight - is it light enough to carry if you're ski touring?
Durability - will it stand up to the rigors of digging through avalanche debris? (note: more durable shovels are inevitably heavier!)
- Grip: D-grip vs. T-Grip - D-Grips are more ergonomic and will make you a better shovel, but are heavier than a T-Grip.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.