The Mammut Barryvox digital three-antenna avalanche beacon reduced to the essential functions. The Mammut Barryvox® scores well on simple navigation and clear instructions.
With a large receiving bandwidth and an effective search strip width of 70 meters, it offers users a simple interface and intuitive operation. From an easy-to-read display to buttons that can be operated even wearing gloves, shock-proof and break-proof housing and a revolutionary simple visual interface, the Barryvox® shows that powerful performance and sophisticated search guidance do not need to be complicated.
All your nerdy numbers:
- Battery life: Alkaline: around 300 hours SEND, followed by 1 hour SEARCH*
- Batteries included: Yes
- Sending frequency: 457 kHz
- Digital search strip width: 70 m
- Weight: 210 g
- Buried subject marking: mark
- EN standards: EN 300718
- Warranty: 2-year warranty; additional 3-year Mammut guarantee if registered year
- Battery type: Alkaline 3 x AAA 1.5 volt
- Effective digital search strip width: 70 meters
- Digital receiving bandwidth: 70 meters
- Circular receiving field: almost identical receiving bandwidth for X and Y antennas
- Display: display with background lighting, very easy to read even when wearing polarized glasses
- Acoustic search guidance: allows the rescuer to visually search the avalanche field Reverse direction function to avoid 180-degree search errors Group test with clear instructions Visual interface: shows distance, direction and number of buried subjects
- Design: ergonomic, impact-proof and break-proof. Can be operated while wearing gloves
- Device tests: automatic self-test, frequency check and function test
- Multiple buried subjects: digital signal processing in the event of several buried subjects
- Automatic switching from send to search (Auto Revert): if a rescuer does not move for 4 minutes, we assume a secondary avalanche and the device switches to SEND mode (motion-sensor controlled)
- Attachment: includes highly functional Barryvox carrying system
- W-Link: Additional communication channel for improved search performance Manage the device fleet via W-Link updatable software
- Operating temperature: -25° to +45° Celsius (-13° to +113° Fahrenheit)
- The Barryvox S has a slightly larger screen (2.2" vs. 2") - it's easier to read (even when the light is bad)
- The Barryvox S has dynamic screen icons to walk you through the search - the icons move and change through your search process, indicating if you should be running, walking or crawling.
- The Barryvox S has something called Smart Search, which operates in the background - it makes for a smoother search process.
- The Barryvox S has something called Auto Guidance, which also operates in the background - it provides uninterrupted search direction, even when there's multiple signals competing for your attention. No more "stop and stand still," just go, go, go.
- The Barryvox S can utilize Lithium or Alkaline batteries. Lithium batteries last longer, are lighter and don't damage your transceiver from acid corrosion
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.