The Mammut Alugator Ride 3.0 avalanche shovel is a strong, reliable shovel at a great pricepoint. Extremely compact and light, you'll not mind having this stowed in your pack.
Nerd out on numbers:
- Length: Collapsed: 61 cm / Extended: 86 cm
- Shaft Length: Collapsed: 61 cm
- Blade: 27.5 cm x 21.5 cm
- Weight: 600 g Shovel
- Positions: SCOOP
- Certification: UIAA 156 Avalanche Shovel Standard
- Hardened and anodized aluminum shovel blade
- Oval telescopic shaft
- Automatic zipper locking for quick, precise guidance during assembly
- Ergonomically shaped T-grip for optimum transfer of strenght
- Space-saving blade design
- Stabilization ribs for maximum rigidity
- Sharpened, tilt-resistant blade with integrated steps
- Straight blade back – perfect for cutting straight snow profiles
- Attachment holes for snow anchor
Size - do the shaft and blade fit in your pack? (note: the bigger the shaft and blade - the more effective the shovel is).
- Weight - is it light enough to carry if you're ski touring?
Durability - will it stand up to the rigors of digging through avalanche debris? (note: more durable shovels are inevitably heavier!)
- Grip: D-grip vs. T-Grip - D-Grips are more ergonomic and will make you a better shovel, but are heavier than a T-Grip.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.