The Dozer 1T is BCA's most popular size avalanche shovel, made for the masses.
All of BCA's new Dozer shovels feature ovo-concave shafts and low-profile, "stompable" blades. The front third of the shovel blade offers a smooth surface for clean snowpit walls during snow stability tests. With BCA's flat "stomp edge" on the blade, you can penetrate just about anything by adding body weight. Auto-engaging spring pins at the blade/shaft connection make for faster, hands-free assembly/deployment. BCA shovels lie flat in your pack with no protruding ferrule or "neck," leaving more room for other backcountry gear. All BCA extendable shovels are designed to meet the UIAA standard for avalanche rescue shovels.
Please see our avalanche shovels resources section below for shoveling videos, FAQs, and instructions for use.
- Weight: 1.2 lb / 545 g
- Blade dimensions: 9” x 10.5” / 23 cm x 27 cm
- Compressed handle & shaft length: 15.25” / 38.7 cm
- Assembled compressed length: 23.25” / 59 cm
- Assembled extended: 30” / 76 cm
How to choose a shovel!
Size - do the shaft and blade fit in your pack? (note: the bigger the shaft and blade - the more effective the shovel is).
- Weight - is it light enough to carry if you're ski touring?
Durability - will it stand up to the rigors of digging through avalanche debris? (note: more durable shovels are inevitably heavier!)
- Grip: D-grip vs. T-Grip - D-Grips are more ergonomic and will make you a better shovel, but are heavier than a T-Grip.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.