The Black Diamond Evac 7 is a multi-function tool for comprehensive backcountry use. The Evac is Black Diamond's top-of-the-line shovel and features two configurations: standard shovel and hoe mode. The ultra-durable construction and super compact design are ideal for both daily snow study and fast avalanche response.
Our top-of-the-line shovel for professional use, the Black Diamond Evac features a unique handle that can be set up in two configurations for digging test pits or rapid snow removal. The large blade moves lots of snow quickly, and a flat-bottom profile helps you get a good clean face on your pit wall. An extendable shaft and large D handle increase comfort for long days in the field involving multiple avalanche pits and speed up digging time during an emergency.
- Compact telescoping shaft and durable anodized blade
- Shovel converts easily into hoe mode from the same attachment point for snow removal and excavation
- Works with accessory winter saw attachment (sold separately) that attaches to the shaft for wood cutting and tree well extraction
- Compact D-handle with comfortable dual-density grip
- Weight: 794 g (1 lb 13 oz)
- Blade Volume: 2.65 L (0.7 gal)
- Weight : 794 g (1 lb 13 oz)
SHOVEL BUYER'S GUIDE
Size - do the shaft and blade fit in your pack? (note: the bigger the shaft and blade - the more effective the shovel is).
- Weight - is it light enough to carry if you're ski touring?
Durability - will it stand up to the rigors of digging through avalanche debris? (note: more durable shovels are inevitably heavier!)
- Grip: D-grip vs. T-Grip - D-Grips are more ergonomic and will make you a better shovel, but are heavier than a T-Grip.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.