The Black Diamond Evac 7 Shovel has long been one of Avalanche Safety Solutions top-selling avalanche shovels. Updated for this year, the top-of-the-line UIAA certified shovel built for professional use, the Black Diamond Evac features a unique handle that can be set up in in both standard shovel and hoe mode for digging test pits or rapid snow removal.
The large blade moves lots of snow quickly, and a flat-bottom profile helps you get a good clean face on your pit wall. The updated, extendable shaft eliminates the possibility of jamming in the field while the modified large D handle increases comfort for long days involving multiple pits and speeds up digging time during an emergency.
- Updated telescoping shaft eliminates jamming
- Durable anodized blade
- Shovel converts easily into hoe mode from the same attachment point for snow removal and excavation
- Lead ins on blade allow rapid assembly and swapping of modes
- Compact D-handle with comfortable dual density grip
- UIAA certified
Let's walk you through shovel-buying:
Size - do the shaft and blade fit in your pack? (note: the bigger the shaft and blade - the more effective the shovel is).
- Weight - is it light enough to carry if you're ski touring?
Durability - will it stand up to the rigors of digging through avalanche debris? (note: more durable shovels are inevitably heavier!)
- Grip: D-grip vs. T-Grip - D-Grips are more ergonomic and will make you a better shovel, but are heavier than a T-Grip.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.