Exceptionally fast to assemble and easy to use: the Mammut 320cm Speed Lock Avalanche Probes is all about speed in the most complicated scenarios. Durable aluminum provides a stable and lightweight construction for the Probe 320 Speed Lock.
The glove-friendly, high-tensile telescopic Speed Lock system is specially designed for a quick, reliable assembly. On extension, an audible click tells you the probe is tensioned correctly and fully engaged.
The ergonomic handle can be clipped onto the extended probe, keeping it out of the way while in use. The enhanced, 360 degree visual depth guide ensures you always have the right information to hand, while the shaped tip has been designed to cut through debris efficiently, saving energy when probing. The bottom section of the probe is highlighted orange for a visual guide as you near a buried victim.
UIAA certified for efficient rescue, durability and ergonomic handling.
This probe measures 45cm when collapsed, 320cm when extended, and includes a cover with integrated emergency plan.
- Length: Collapsed: 45 cm / Extended: 320 cm
- Tensioning System: Speed Lock System
- Diameter: 12.75 mm
- Segments: 8
- Weight: 365 g
- Stable, lightweight probe segment made from durable aluminum
- Extremely precise probe scaling on both sides
- Durable tensile tensioning cord for maximum stability of probe tensioning system
- Drop-shaped probe tip for energy-saving probing
- Suitable for use with gloves
- Practical probe cover with integrated emergency plan
Material - The stronger (and heavier!) the material, the more effective it will be at probing. The lighter the probe, the more expensive it gets. Carbon is the lightest (and most expensive), Aluminum is stronger and cheaper, but heavier, Steel is heavy and expensive, but the best at the job.
Length - You'll see probes ranging from 200cm-320cm. We don't sell anything less than 240. Successful extractions have been done up to 3m. Keep in mind you'll need to hold on to the probe as you enter the snow. Longer probes mean more ferrules, so count on them being a bit heavier (but not much) and having more mass.
- Assembly - How quick can you get it together and secured (like really secured!) into place? Practice will help, but make sure it's got an easy lock.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.