You can rely on the Mammut Alugator Pro Light Avalanche Shovel when every minute counts. The anodized and hardened aluminum blade cuts through the snow in the avalanche deposit. The Alugator Pro Light sits lightly in your hand. Efficient transfer of strength thanks to an ergonomically shaped handle and high durability thanks to stabilization ribs make it a reliable savior in time of need.
- Weight: 645g
- Material: Aluminum
- Shaft length (collapsed): 44 cm
- Blade length: 27.5 cm
- Collapsed length: 61 cm
- Extended length: 86 cm
- Blade width: 24 cm
- Certification: UIAA 156 avalanche shovel standard
- Hardened, anodized aluminum shovel blade
- Oval telescopic shaft
- Automatic zipper locking for quick, precise guidance during assembly
- Ergonomically shaped T-grip for efficient transfer of strength
- Space-saving blade design
- Stabilization ribs for maximum stability
- Sharpened, tilt-resistant blade with integrated steps
- Straight blade back - perfect for cutting straight snow profiles
- Attachment holes for snow anchor and rescue sled
Size - do the shaft and blade fit in your pack? (note: the bigger the shaft and blade - the more effective the shovel is).
- Weight - is it light enough to carry if you're ski touring?
Durability - will it stand up to the rigors of digging through avalanche debris? (note: more durable shovels are inevitably heavier!)
- Grip: D-grip vs. T-Grip - D-Grips are more ergonomic and will make you a better shovel, but are heavier than a T-Grip.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.